Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Okiedoke #2: That Zombie Guy

Years back, I taught kids at summer program on a college campus in Rhode Island. One weekend, a convention of horror writers rolled up in the vacant dorms across the way. Just scores of men and women decked out in black. I walked up the scene with a mic to see what the status was and was promptly kicked out.

On the way back I ran into a dude who was with the convention. He turned out to be a novelist who specialized in zombie fiction. I asked him about the metaphors that were at work in stories about vampires and zombies. This was before Trueblood and Twilight and Walking Dead, but I think his answers fit the current scene perfectly.



Philip Nutman is the author of Wet Work and Cities of the Night. Clive Barker says good things about his books.

No comments: