Friday, May 11, 2012

Reflecting on Kony 2012: Redux.



In April me and my team threw down on a panel discussion with Invisible Children. The recording of the conference is now available. Find it below and spread it far and wide.

Conference Recording.

This summit is a lesson in how not to have a conversation. We as a culture should learn once and for all that the discursive style of debate is good, perhaps, for publicity and the recruitment of public opinion, but is a terrible way to settle issues of importance.

I wrote a commentary on this discussion afterward. My disappointment in Invisible Children made it all the way to the Huffington Post.

I have said that Adam Finck and Jolly Okot are terrible speakers that cannot answer basic questions. This recording is the proof.

No comments: