Monday, October 29, 2012

W.T.F.


So, I have a predictive keyboard on my phone. It scans my texts and even my email if I tell it to, in order to learn how I use my words and construct my sentences. It is impressively accurate, often suggesting exactly the completion of the word that I intend, or all out suggesting the next word that I am looking for. Theoretically, all I have to do is press the first letter of a sentence, and the prediction can construct the entirety of the sentence that I am looking to type. So, I can type "S" and the prediction will auto complete "See you cats when I get there." 

So the other day I open a text and start a sentence with the letter H. I think, huh, I wonder what the key prediction will come up with if I just have it auto complete all the way. So, I do this and it comes up with the following:


"Hegel is the only real motivation." 


I was reading Hegel on my tablet at the time.


Not cool, technology. Not cool. 


No comments: